
Well, here we are. Isiee and I arrived in the UK Friday night, March 5th. It was a long flight, but we were able to watch movies and TV shows, and play video games like Tetris and Battleship, which made the time fly by. The only bad this is that I'm sick, so all the congestion made takeoff and landing very painful. Never fly with a head cold unless you're sufficiently drugged!!!
Now we're settled into a hotel room on base (TLF was full, unfortunately, so we don't have a lot of room) and just getting into the swing of things. We hung out this weekend and Isiee took me to his favorite kebab shop, we toured the base, had lunch with his shop chief, rented a car, drove around for a bit, looked at cars for me (BMW, please!), ate dinner at his favorite Chinese spot, Dragon House, and saw "Sherlock Holmes" at the base theater. Did you know they play the National Anthem before every movie?
And right now I'm waiting on Isiee to finish up in-processing at his shop so we can start house-hunting! I've made a list of wants, needs and preferred locations, so hopefully we'll be able to narrow it down quickly!
When I get my computer in the mail (it had to be fixed before we left the US), I'll be sure to post some photos and videos from our mini-trip to NYC and everything we're up to here in the UK.
Until next time.....toodles!

hooray! i am so glad you guys made it there safely! good luck finding a house and i can't wait for pictures!! xoxo.
ReplyDelete